When you’re looking for a healthy, high-protein meal, a Subway sandwich is a great option. However, not all Subway sandwiches are created equal. What is the best Subway sandwich for protein? I got the answer! So whether you’re looking for a healthy low-carb meal or just want to know which sandwich is best for your diet, I’ve got you covered!
Subway is one of the better fast food restaurants to go to if you’re looking for a quick and healthy meal. And while there are plenty of healthy choices on the menu, some are better than others when it comes to getting a good amount of protein. Here’s a comprehensive guide to the best subway sandwiches for protein to help you stick to your diet or weight loss goals.
Best Subway Sandwich for Protein
Protein not only increases satiety, reduces cravings, prevents muscle loss, boosts metabolism, but also helps maintain weight loss.
The following nutrition facts is a high protein option on a 6-inch sub on hearty multigrain bread, the healthiest of Subway’s bread. It’s low in calories and fat and high in fiber. It also has seven grams of protein, 3 grams of sugar, 3 grams of fiber, and 190 calories.
1. Subway Club
The best Subway sandwich for protein is the Subway Club packing in 26 grams of protein and only 310 total calories in 6 inches. It is made with turkey, ham, and roast beef with 42 grams of carbs, 7 grams of sugar, 1.5 g of saturated fat, and 1010 mg of sodium.
2. Steak & Cheese
Next up is the Steak & Cheese sub which has 25 grams of protein, 37 grams of carbs, 3 grams of sugar, 4.5 saturated fat, 1020 mg sodium, and only 320 calories.
3. Rotisserie Style Chicken
One of the healthiest options is the Rotisserie-Style Chicken sandwich, made of white meat from chicken raised without antibiotics, It has 23 grams of protein, 39 grams of carbs, 5 grams of sugar, 1.5 g of saturated fat, 710 mg of sodium, and only 300 calories.
4. Honey Mustard Rotisserie-Style Chicken
It you like the Rotisserie Chicken sub, you may also like it with honey mustard sauce. A great high protein option with 23 grams of protein, 44 grams of carbs, 9 grams of sugar, 1.5 g of saturated fat, 790 mg of sodium, and only 320 calories.
5. Roast Beef
The Roast Beef sandwich is one of the best Subway sandwiches for protein. With 22 grams of protein, 41 grams of carbs, 7 grams of sugar, 1.5 grams of saturated fat, and 740 mg of sodium. Plus, it only has 300 calories.
6. Oven Roasted Turkey
As expected, Oven-Roasted Turkey is one of the better choices of protein. This sandwich contains 20 grams of protein, 39 grams of carbs, 6 grams of sugar, 0.5 g of saturated, 790 mg of sodium. With only 260 calories, it is also an excellent low-calorie choice.
7. Baja Turkey Avocado
And of course, Baja Turkey Avocado, turkey with avocado, is a great high-protein Subway sandwich. It has 20 grams of protein, 43 grams of carbs, 7 grams of sugar, 3 grams of saturated fat, 1050 mg of sodium. The addition of avocado increases the calories to 400, but it’s healthy fats.
8. Black Forest Ham
Black Forest Ham is another good high protein sandwich from Subway. With only 270 calories it is also another low-calorie option. It has 18 grams of protein, 41 grams of carbs, 6 grams of sugar, 1 gram of saturated fat, 810 mg of sodium.
9. Cold Cut Combo
The Cold Cut Combo is made from turkey-based cold cuts, so it’s healthier than it sounds. And it too is also a low calorie sub with only 280 calories. There are 17 grams of protein, 38 grams of carbs, 4 grams of sugar, 2.5 grams of saturated fat, and 980 mg of sodium.
All of the above high protein sandwiches can be had as a protein bowl, however, you have to double the nutrition values as they have double meat.
Want to avoid the extra calories in the bread or limit your carbs, try one of these high protein options as a salad instead.
Subway High-Protein Sandwich But …
There are a number of sandwiches that sound like a good high protein, healthy choice but are not. The following sandwiches should be avoided because they may be high in saturated fat, sodium, sugar, or calories.
- All American Club – 25 grams protein, 39 grams carbs, 5 grams sugar, 6 grams saturated fat, 1220 mg sodium, 350 calories
- Baja Chicken and Bacon – 32 grams protein, 39 grams carbs, 5 grams sugar, 11 grams saturated fat, 1530 mg sodium, 510 calories
- Baja Steak and Jack – 26 grams protein, 38 grams carbs, 4 grams sugar, 6 grams saturated fat, 1170 mg sodium, 390 calories
- Buffalo Chicken – 24 grams protein, 39 grams carbs, 4 grams sugar, 2.5 grams saturated fat, 1360 mg sodium, 340 calories
- Chicken and Bacon Ranch – 34 grams protein, 39 grams carbs, 5 grams sugar, 11 grams saturated fat, 1200 mg sodium, 530 calories
- Italian B.M.T. – 24 grams protein, 39 grams carbs, 4 grams sugar, 2.5 grams saturated fat, 1360 mg sodium, 340 calories
- Meatball Marinara – 20 grams protein, 46 grams carbs, 6 grams sugar, 7 grams saturated fat, and 1080 mg sodium, 400 calories
- Mozza Meat – 26 grams protein, 41 grams carbs, 6 grams sugar, 7 grams saturated fat, 1410 mg sodium, 410 calories
- Spicy Italian – 19 grams protein, 39 grams carbs, 4 grams sugar, 6 grams saturated fat, 1160 mg sodium, 360 calories
- Steak Cali Fresh – 33 grams protein, 44 grams carbs, 7 grams sugar, 9 grams saturated fat, 1190 mg sodium, 610 calories
- Supreme Meats – 25 grams protein, 41 grams carbs, 5 grams sugar, 10 grams saturated fat, 1720 mg sodium, 510 calories
- Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki – 24 grams protein, 52 grams carbs, 14 grams sugar, 1 gram saturated fat, 800 mg sodium, 330 calories
- Tuna – 19 grams of protein, 37 grams carbs, 4 grams sugar, 4.5 saturated fat, 4 grams sugar, 670 sodium, 430 calories
- Turkey Cali Fresh – 28 grams protein, 42 grams carbs, 6 grams sugar, 8 grams saturated fat, 1210 mg sodium, 550 calories
Healthy Toppings at Subway
These toppings are excellent choices for your high-protein Subway sandwich:
- Red onions
- Green peppers
- Banana peppers
- Jalapeno pepper
- Red wine vinegar
- Honey mustard
- Sweet onion dressing
Want more vegetables? Try the Veggie Delite sandwich. It has only 200 calories, 39 g carbs, 5 g sugar, 5 g fiber, 0 g fat, and 320 mg sodium.
Your Best Subway Sandwich for Protein
So there you have it! The best Subway sandwich for protein and your best choice is the Subway Club. But there are 8 other healthy, high-protein subs that you can enjoy. You also have 4 low-calorie sandwiches on the list of the healthiest Subway sandwiches.
If you’re watching your carb intake or looking for a healthy option, or just looking for there’s an option for you at Subway. So next time you want a quick and healthy meal, head to Subway.