Are you looking for an effective way to transform your body and stay fit? Exercise is key to achieving your health and fitness goals. But with so many different exercises out there, it can be hard to know which ones to do in your workout routine. In this blog, we’ll explore 7 exercises to do every day to reach your fitness goals. Get ready to get fit and feel great!
Benefits of Regular Exercise
Regular exercise has many benefits that can improve your life and well-being. Here are just a few of the many benefits of regular exercise:
1. Improved Physical Fitness
Regular exercise can help improve your strength, endurance, flexibility, and balance. Building strength and endurance can make daily activities, such as carrying groceries, easier and less tiring.
2. Improved Heart Health
Regular exercise can help to lower your blood pressure and cholesterol levels, reduce your risk of developing heart disease, and keep your heart strong.
3. Improved Weight Control
Regular exercise can help to keep your body weight under control, and can even help you to lose weight if you are overweight.
4. Improved Cognitive Function
Exercise can help to improve your concentration, focus, and memory, as well as help to reduce your risk of developing dementia.
5. Improved Mental Health
Physical activity releases endorphins, which are hormones that help to improve your mood and reduce stress and anxiety. Exercise can even help reduce symptoms of depression.
6. Improved Sleep
Exercise can help you to fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer, as well as improve the quality of your sleep.
7. Improved Self-Esteem
Exercise can help you to feel more confident about your body and your abilities, and can help to improve your self-image.
7 Exercises to do Every Day
If you’re looking to sculpt your body and stay fit, there are seven exercises to transform your body and stay in shape. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced exerciser, these exercises will help you reach your fitness goals.
However, these exercises are in addition to cardiovascular exercise.
Cardiovascular exercise, also known as aerobic exercise, is an important part of any fitness program. Regular aerobic exercise help to burn a lot of calories, which can help with weight loss or maintenance.
Cardio exercises also help to strengthen your heart and lungs by making them work harder. This helps to make them more efficient, which reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke.
It can also help improve your overall health and reduce your risk of chronic illnesses such as type 2 diabetes.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), adults should do at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity (at least 30 minutes, five days a week), or 75 minutes of vigorous-intensity aerobic activity, each week.
Aerobic exercise can include brisk walking, running, swimming, cycling, skipping, rowing, and more.
Push-ups are one of the most fundamental and basic exercises that you can do to strengthen and tone your muscles.
Benefits of Push-Ups
There are several key benefits of doing push-ups, including:
Improved Strength: Push-ups are an excellent way to build strength in your upper body, including your arms, shoulders, and chest.
Core Strength: Push-ups are a great way to engage your core muscles, which can help improve your overall balance and stability.
Improved Cardio: Push-ups can help improve your cardiovascular fitness by getting your heart rate up and increasing your breathing rate.
How To Do Push-Ups
- Start in a plank position, with your hands and feet on the floor, and your back straight.
- Bend your elbows and lower your chest down toward the floor.
- Keep your core tight and engaged throughout the exercise.
- Push back up to the starting position.
- Do 3 sets of 10 reps
Push-up Modifications for Beginners
1. Wall Push-Up
This modification eliminates any body weight, making the exercise much easier. To begin, stand facing a wall, with your hands shoulder-width apart and your feet hip-width apart. Bend your elbows and lean towards the wall until your nose is about an inch away. Return to the starting position and repeat.
2. Knee Push-Up
This modification takes some of the body weight away from the arms and puts it on the knees. To begin, start in a plank position, with your hands shoulder-width apart and your feet together. Bend your knees and place them on the ground. From here, lower your body towards the ground, until your chest is about an inch away. Return to the starting position and repeat.
3. Incline Push Up
This modification is perfect for those who can do a few push-ups but want to build more strength. To begin, find a stable surface like a kitchen countertop, bench, or chair and place your hands shoulder-width apart on it. Keeping your body straight, lower your chest towards the surface until your arms are at a 90-degree angle. Return to the starting position and repeat.
Squats are a classic exercise and one of the best exercises for a healthy body. Squats work more muscles than any other single exercise, making them an essential part of any fitness routine. Not only that, squats are incredibly effective for building strength and improving overall health.
Benefits of Squats
Strengthening : Squats are great for strengthening and toning the muscles in your legs, glutes, and core.
Improved Posture: Squats help to improve your posture by strengthening the muscles in your back and core.
Increased Flexibility: Squats help to increase flexibility in the hips, ankles, and calves.
Improved Balance : Squats help to improve balance, coordination, and stability.
How To Do A Squat
- Begin by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Keeping your back straight, lower your body by bending your knees as if you’re about to sit in a chair. Make sure your knees don’t extend past your toes.
- Once your legs are bent, hold the position for a few seconds, then slowly return to the starting position. Make sure to keep your chest up and your back straight throughout the exercise.
- Do 3 sets of 10 reps
Squat Modifications for Beginners
1. Wall Squats
Wall squats are an excellent way to start off with squats. Simply stand with your back against a wall and your feet 6-12 inches away from the wall. From here, you can perform a regular squat, or you can do a half squat and hold the position for a few seconds before returning to the starting position.
2. Chair Squats
Chair squats are another great modification for beginners. Place a chair behind you, then perform a regular squat until your bottom touches the chair. From here, you can do a partial squat, or you can hold the position for a few seconds before returning to the starting position.
Lunges are a great exercise for strengthening your entire lower body.
Benefits of Lunges
Strength: Lunges are a great exercise for building strength in the legs, glutes, and core. Lunges are particularly effective for targeting the quads and hamstrings.
Balance: Lunges are a great way to improve your balance and stability. By focusing on one leg at a time, you can isolate and strengthen weaker muscles. This can help to reduce the risk of falls and injuries.
Flexibility: Lunges increase your overall flexibility. By stretching the muscles in your legs, you can increase your range of motion and make daily activities easier.
How To Do a Lunge
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Take a big step forward with your right foot, bending both knees to 90 degrees. Make sure your front knee is directly over your front ankle and your back knee is pointing straight down.
- Push up through your right heel to return to the starting position.
- Repeat the same motion with your left leg.
- Do 3 sets of 20 reps
Lunge Modifications for Beginners
1. Reduce the Range of Motion
One of the most common modifications for lunges is to reduce the range of motion. This can be done by reducing the depth of the lunge or by only stepping out a few inches rather than taking a full stride. This will make it easier to get used to the exercise without overworking your muscles.
2. Use a Support
Additionally, you can use a support, such as a chair or a wall, to help you balance while performing the lunge.
Planks are one of the most effective exercises for building core strength, stability, and balance in the body. They are incredibly versatile and can be modified to fit any fitness level. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced athlete, planks can benefit your body in many ways.
Benefits of Planks
Strengthen Core Muscles: Planks are excellent for strengthening your core muscles, including your abs, hip flexors, and lower back. This helps to improve your posture and balance while providing stability and protection for your spine.
Improve Balance and Coordination: Planks help to improve your overall balance and coordination.
Improve Mobility: Planks can help to improve your overall mobility by increasing the range of motion in your joints.
Increase Endurance: Planks are great for increasing your overall endurance and stamina.
How To Do a Plank
- Start in the High Plank Position: Begin by lying on your stomach flat on the floor. Place your hands directly beneath your shoulders and extend your legs behind you. Make sure your feet are together and your toes are pointed.
- Engage Your Core: Make sure to engage your core muscles as you lift your body off the floor. Keep your back flat and your neck in line with your spine.
- Hold the Plank Position: Hold this position for 30 seconds. As you hold the plank, make sure to keep your abs, glutes, and quads engaged.
- Start with 3 sets of 30-second holds.
Plank Modifications for Beginners
1. Modified Plank
The modified plank is a great way to get started with planks. Instead of balancing on your toes and forearms, you can rest your knees on the ground. This takes the pressure off your lower back and helps you focus on keeping your core tight.
2. Ab Crunch
An easier ab exercise is a crunch. Start by lying flat on your back, with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor. Place your hands behind your head, with your elbows bent and pointing out to the sides. Now, tighten your abdominal muscles and lift your shoulders off the floor. Keep your neck and chin in line with your chest, and hold the position for a count of 2 before returning to the starting position.
5. Jumping Jacks
Jumping jacks are a simple and effective exercise that can help you improve your muscle strength, cardio fitness, and overall physical fitness.
Benefits of Jumping Jacks
Heart Healthy: Jumping jacks are a great way to get your heart pumping and improved cardiovascular health.
Improve Coordination and Balance: Jumping jacks can also help to improve your coordination and balance.
Reduce Stress: This exercise can also help to reduce stress, as it helps to release endorphins, which can help to reduce anxiety.
Burns Calories: Jumping jacks can help to burn calories quickly and efficiently. It can help to improve your metabolism, allowing you to burn more calories throughout the day even when you’re not actively exercising.
How to Do Jumping Jacks
- To begin, stand with your feet together and your arms at your sides.
- Now, jump up and spread your legs out to the side while simultaneously raising your arms above your head.
- As you jump back down, bring your arms and legs back to the original starting position.
- Start with 2 sets of 10 reps
Jumping Jacks Modification for Beginners
Instead of jumping up, you can walk your feet out to the sides while bringing your arms above your head. This low-impact modification still offers the same benefits as a regular jumping jack, but it is easier on the joints and muscles and can help you get used to the motion.
Burpees are an incredibly popular and effective exercise that can help you get in shape quickly. Burpees are a super-effective full-body exercise that works multiple muscle groups at the same time.
Benefits of Burpees
Improved Cardio: Burpees are a great way to get your heart rate up, increase your stamina, and improve your overall cardiovascular health.
Build Muscle: Burpees target multiple muscle groups, including your arms, chest, shoulders, back, and legs. They’re a great way to build strength and muscle mass.
Burns Fat: Burpees are a great way to burn calories and fat. They also help to improve your metabolism and can help you lose weight.
How To Do Burpees
- Start in a standing position with your feet hip-width apart.
- Lower your body into a squat position, making sure to keep your chest up and your back straight.
- Place your hands on the floor in front of you and jump your feet back into a plank position.
- Quickly jump your feet back up to the squat position and jump up into the air, reaching your arms up above your head.
- Land softly and return to the starting position.
- Do 3 sets of 8 reps
Burpee Modification for Beginners
1. Incline Burpee
This version utilizes an incline, such as a chair, wall, or bench, to reduce the amount of body weight needed to complete a burpee. To begin, stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your hands relaxed at your sides. Place your hands on the incline and jump your feet back into a plank position. Keeping your core tight, lower your chest to the incline and then press back up to the starting position.
2. Walking Burpee
To do this modification, start in a standing position with your feet shoulder-width apart. From here, step back into a plank position with your hands on the ground and your feet on the ground. Then, walk your feet towards your hands and stand back up. Finally, stand and repeat.
Mountain climbers are one of the most popular exercises for people looking to get in shape, build muscle, and burn fat. They also come with a range of benefits that can help you reach your fitness goals.
Benefits of Mountain Climbers
Cardiovascular Health: Mountain climbers are a great way to get your heart rate up and improve your cardiovascular health.
Core Strength: Mountain climbers target your entire core area, including your abdominals and lower back. This helps to improve your posture and balance, as well as strengthen your core muscles.
Upper Body Strength: Mountain climbers also help to tone and strengthen your upper body muscles, including your chest, shoulders, arms, and back.
Flexibility: Mountain climbers are also great for improving your flexibility.
Fat Burning: Lastly, mountain climbers are a great way to burn fat. This is due to the high intensity of the exercise and the fact that it works multiple muscle groups at once.
How To Do Mountain Climbers
- To start, get into a plank position with your hands and feet firmly on the ground. Your body should form a straight line from your head to your toes.
- Now, bring one knee up towards your chest. Make sure to keep your back straight and your core tight.
- Switch legs and repeat the motion.
- Do 3 sets of 10 reps
Modifications for Mountain Climbers
1. Slow Motion Mountain Climber
You can modify the speed of the exercise. Instead of sprinting from one side to the other, you can take your time and move at a slower pace. This will give your body a chance to adjust and recover.
2. High Knees
High knees take the pressure off your arms. Start by standing tall with your feet hip-distance apart and your arms at your sides. You can either keep your arms in a fixed position or raise them up to shoulder height.
Next, lift your right knee up to waist height, then quickly switch legs and bring your left knee up to waist height. When you switch legs, make sure to bring your arms up to shoulder height and land with your feet in the same spot. Continue alternating your knees and arms,
Tips for Doing These 7 Exercises Safely & Effectively
Here are some tips to help you do these 7 simple exercises safely and effectively.
- Consult your doctor – Consult with a doctor before starting a workout routine.
- Warm-up Prior: Before each exercise session, it is important to warm up your muscles and increase your heart rate. This can be done with light stretching, walking, jogging, or any other activity that gets your body prepared for exercise.
- Warm-up activities should last 5-10 minutes and increase your body temperature. This will help reduce the risk of injury and increase the effectiveness of your workout.
- Use Proper Form: Good form is essential for preventing injuries and maximizing your workout. Make sure to use proper technique and maintain a good posture with each exercise, such as maintaining a neutral spine and engaging your core muscles.
- If you are unsure of how to perform an exercise correctly, consult a personal trainer or do research online.
- Take Breaks During the Workout: It is important to take breaks during your workout to avoid overtraining and injuries. This can be done by taking a 30-60 second break between sets or exercises. This will help your muscles rest and recover so you can get the most out of your workout. Also, don’t forget to drink water.
- Progress Gradually: It is important to progress gradually. Start with fewer repetitions and sets, then increase the number of reps. This will help you build up your strength and endurance without putting too much strain on your body.
- Cool Down: After completing an exercise session, it is essential to cool down. This can be done by doing light stretching and/or walking for 5-10 minutes. This will help your body recover and reduce the risk of injury.
- Mix Things Up: Mix things up to avoid boredom and plateauing. There are more challenging variations of these exercises and you can also add weights or use resistance bands when you’re ready.
- Take a rest Day; Listen to your body and take a rest day when you need it.
- Monitor Progress: It is helpful to keep track of your exercise routine. You can use a journal or an app, such as MyFitnessPal. This will help you keep track of your progress and goals, and make sure you are making progress.
- Take care of your entire body by eating a healthy balanced diet to complement your healthy exercise habit.
Start Your Daily 7 Today!
There you have it! These seven exercises to do every day will transform your body. They are an excellent way to get fit, stay healthy, and achieve your fitness goals. You will be able to build muscle, increase strength and endurance, and improve your flexibility.
With modifications for beginners, you can tailor the exercises to your individual needs and goals to ensure you are working out at a level that is comfortable for you.
You might have noticed that you do not need any equipment. You’ll be strengthening your muscles with bodyweight exercises. You can even do some of these exercises to get a great cardio workout with jumping jacks and burpees.
So what are you waiting for? Start including these 7 exercises in your daily routine today!